Just because a recipe is vegan doesn’t mean that it can’t be decadent and indulgent. The next time that you worry that you have been eating a bit too much butter and steak, remember that you don’t need to do a juice fast to detox. It’s just as easy to detox with these vegan chocolate chip cookies – soft, gooey, and so delicious that you won’t believe that they are vegan. The recipe is easy, the outcome is tasty, and absolutely no animals were harmed in the making of these wonderful cookies.
Vegan Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ¾ cup non-dairy margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vanilla soy yogurt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend the salt, flour, sugar, and margarine together with a hand mixer until the mixture is fluffy and combined.
- Add the yogurt and the vanilla.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts, and stir to combine.
- Dollop on the cookie sheet in small rounds (about a tablespoon or so) and bake for about 14 minutes, or until they are golden brown and emit a tasty scent.
- Eat hot with a glass of soy or coconut milk to complete the vegan indulgence experience.